Monday, February 14, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Sunday: Who Do You Choose?

This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by all.things.fadra. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.


INTRO: This brain dump is brought on by a blog I recently came upon written by a woman who lost her sister & brother in law in a car accident, with their 6wk old infant being the only survivor... she, and her husband, are now raising their niece, along with their two children... also contributing - the movie Life As We Know It which I watched twice on Friday night... these things have been swirling through my head, time to dump them out, and see if I've learned anything I guess... timer... ready... and... GO!

so we haven't drawn up a will or anything... when Goose was new still we started a Living Trust - but then we got to some of the tough questions, like "who will raise your child if you both die" type questions, and that's when we stopped... Goose just turned two, and we haven't finished the LT... which freaks me out a bit. I don't want to be morbid or anything, but honestly - car accidents, shootings, freak accidents... they happen every day... plus, Hubs is a cop. I mean, c'mon... he puts his life on the line every single day - for real. the chances of something happening to both of us are slimmer, but still there... I know who I want to raise Goose if that ever happens, but we don't have it in writing... and we should. Not only for Goose's protection, but for the peace of mind it will give us... I don't want the courts to get her, not for one single second... I want her with those who love her best, aside from us of course... time to just do it. stop stalling,

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I couldn't truly read your whole post, well, I did, but my heart hurt because I totally know what you're talking about. We really need to get on this, as well. Thanks for the reminder.

Michelle said...

We still need to do this too, and as you know, my Bug is about the same age as Goose. You're ahead of us though if you at least know who you want to get her...we can't decide. Its such a hard thing to think about...but I know we need to.

all.things.fadra said...

Ugh. I don't think I could read that blog you were talking about. And for us? The only will we have is the one mu husband drafted before we got married and had kids. Thanks for the gentle reminder to get on top of that.