Sunday, December 7, 2008

36 weeks and all is well! Well, mostly...

my only persistant problem is heartburn - but if that is the only problem I have - I'll take it! Other than that things are GREAT! I'm 36 weeks along today - and have yet another check-up tomorrow, and I'm hoping to hear something more exciting than "urine sample was good, blood pressure is good, weight is good, baby's heart rate is good, see you next week" - for instance "oh yay, baby's headdown already!" or "judging by the fundal measurement Baby appears to be about XX size" or heck I dunno... obviously I don't want to hear any BAD or SCARY news... but learning something new would be fun after all of these appointments with the exact same words. Now don't get me wrong - I'm WAY happy that I haven't had any issues or complications, and am grateful that this pregnancy is going so well... I guess I'm just getting to the point where I want to know more, see more, learn more - MEET BABY!! (Although a few more weeks in the oven is more than agreeable for me! I'm not ready here at home OR at work yet for an early arrival - which I'm working to fix just in case!!)

My supervisor & I chatted on Friday and they are planning to have a temporary replacement come in next week for a couple of days to familiarize herself with the office, and see what exactly she will be doing while I'm out... so that's good news! Now I just need to get my area organized and my list of "tasks/duties" taken care of so my temp has a cheat sheet! My supervisor and boss are also planning a "meet Baby party/shower" for me AFTER Baby comes (they asked if I would prefer before or after, and we went with after so everyone can meet Copper) and it sounds like it will be nice!

We found out on Thursday that the lady we were hoping to take Copper to for childcare when I go back to work can't take any more babies right now, so that was a bummer... and now we're starting the search over again. Ugh. I think this might be one of the toughest things to do, how do you find someone who will care for your child like you do for 9 hours a day, 4-5 days a week? I've been asking around to co-workers with babies and young children (and wouldn't you know, all of them either use "Gramma" or their spouse stays home, or they live in a TOTALLY different area - not much help!) So I've joined an online "MomsLikeMe" site for the area we live in and am looking there for childcare recommendations... wish me luck would ya? I still wish I could convince my sister to quit her job (as an infant teacher in a childcare center) and become our Nanny ;) but of course we can't pay her what she makes there... we'd need three other babies for her to watch to make it affordable for us, and worth-it for her... oh well. At least she is going to help interview/check-out potential providers for Copper with us :)

I've been having strange dreams when I nap lately... one I had the other day involved me waking up after delivery and finding out E had named the baby "Coltbelt" with a back-up birth certificate showing baby's name as "Renuit" - to which I started freaking out about getting paperwork in there RIGHT NOW to change the name - and I still didn't know the baby's gender! The latest dream had me talking to some doctor I've never met before telling me that Baby was bigger than they had thought it would be at 5 pounds 50 ounces (yes - FIFTY) and then I realized that I had forgotten to call E to tell him I was in labor... and only my sister was with me... and we were in some HUGE room full of all sorts of hospital beds and patients and I STILL hadn't met my baby or found out the gender... oh, and McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy came to see me afterwards.... he's hot. So yeah. Strange dreams I'm having. Strange strange dreams.

I'm not sure that we're going to put up a Christmas tree this year, as E could care less and we're not sure about where we would put it (TT's kennel will have to be moved that's for sure! but where to is the question) and although we borrowed my sister's artificial tree last year, and it's still in our attic - I just don't have the energy to get everything out and the whole 'repeated bending over to pick up ornaments, etc.' thing just does NOT sound like any fun at all... but we'll see... it just doesn't feel like Christmas without a tree or some holiday decor... maybe I'll con someone into coming over to "help" set-up and decorate a tree :) We'll see!

Well, that's it for my update I think... I hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Platinum Rose said...

Your baby will be here before you know it! I am glad that your work is starting to prepare for your absence, and that's a great idea for them to throw you a meet baby/shower so they can see the baby, and you can get some much needed stuff! I'm sorry that you're struggling with finding a childcare provider. From listening to friends go through it, it does sound like a really time-consuming task to try and figure it all out. Best of luck!